Full Unicode based on UTF-16 proposal

Wes Garland wes at page.ca
Sat Mar 24 14:30:31 PDT 2012

On 24 March 2012 17:22, David Herman <dherman at mozilla.com> wrote:

> I'm not 100% clear on this point yet, but e.g. the SourceCharacter
> production in Annex A.1 is described as "any Unicode code unit."

Ugh, IMHO, that's wrong, and should be "any Unicode code point".  (let the
flames begin?)

> The underlying transport format should not be a concern for the JS lexer.
>

> eval

Eval is a red herring: its input is defined as the contents of the given
String.  So, we come full-circle back to "what's in a String?".   I'm still
partial to Brendan's BRS idea, because at least it fixes everything all at
once.

Wes

--
Wesley W. Garland