const initializers: once more unto the breach

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Wed Mar 21 09:47:53 PDT 2012

There are still temporal dead zone cases that can't be statically
analyzed -- at least not without an aggressive higher-order control flow
analysis, and even then analysis is approximate so we'd have to mandate
false positives or bail to dynamic checks.

Isn't the issue that strict mode would dynamically check these in some
implementations, and statically check them in others?

/be