BTF Measurements

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 05:53:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've updated the
spreadsheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aro5yQ2fa01xdEJySWxhZ1VoZ0VaWTdldXp4NUtJd3c>to
show a count of "object literal methods" for each sampled code base.
 These are function expressions which are the values in an object literal,
and that reference "this" somewhere in their immediate scope.  Note that
there is no overlap between this category and the BTF category.

Interestingly, when we take the sum of BTF candidates and object literal
methods, we account for over 90% of function expressions.  This suggests
that an additional short function syntax that does *not* bind 'this' may
not be necessary.

kevin