BTF Measurements

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:00:55 PDT 2012

An additional note on methodology:  for the "applications" that I looked at
(like Facebook and Netflix), I downloaded and concatenated the javascript
found when loading a typical page.  I'm assuming that the original code was
written in javascript (as opposed to CoffeeScript or Java) and that
minification did not significantly alter the resulting numbers.

These assumptions are significant, but since the outcome generally falls
within the range found for open-source libraries, I'm fairly confident in
the results.  What strikes me is the similarity in usage patterns as
opposed to the differences.

I'd be happy to run the tool against other libraries or applications, if
there are suggestions.

kevin