How about replacing <| with ->

Luke Hoban lukeh at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 2 16:31:41 PST 2012

>> What do you think? Do you like -> better than <| ?  Is it ok to not have it available for some possible future function shorthand?

Both => and -> have strong associations with function shorthands from C#, Scala, C++,  Java 8, Perl, CoffeeScript, ML, Haskell and more.  Whether or not JavaScript adopts a ->/=> shorthand in the future (I still think it should), many developers will think of it as having an association with functions.  Using -> for the proto-of operator effectively also removes the ability to use => as function shorthand later, due to the syntactic similarity of these two operators.

Luke