New "ES6" draft

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Fri Mar 2 14:27:31 PST 2012

On Mar 2, 2012, at 1:55 AM, Andreas Rossberg wrote:

> On 2 March 2012 00:38, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen at wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
>> - Eliminated various static semantic rules that would be breaking changes in
>> “one JavaScript”
>
> Can you give a brief overview of the class of rules that you had to abandon?
>
> Among other things, I'm wondering how that affects our existing
> implementation of lexical scoping.
>
> Thanks,
> /Andreas

There doesn't appear to be as many as I recalled.  This is probably partially because I still haven't dealt with the global scope yet.

Here are a couple issues from section 13:

•	It is a Syntax Error if the source code matching this production is extended code and the BoundNames of BindingIdentifier also occurs in the VarDeclaredNames of FunctionBody.
•	It is a Syntax Error if the source code matching this production is extended code and the BoundNames of BindingIdentifier also occurs in the LexicallyDeclaredNames of FunctionBody.