ES Modules: suggestions for improvement

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt samth at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Jun 27 14:40:09 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Wes Garland <wes at page.ca> wrote:
> On 27 June 2012 17:21, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Certainly you shouldn't have to create a userland loader in order to
>> get examples like I've written to work.  You should only ever need to
>> create a loader if you want to customize things, such as redirecting
>> some things to localStorage, or setting up a sandbox.
>

> Hopefully it will be possible to create userland loaders somehow which can
> fetch multiple modules at once.  We are able to fetch multiple CommonJS
> modules at once, often satisfying an entire dependency tree with a single
> HTTP 304 status response.

What request do you send to ask for multiple modules?  Or does the
server just know to use 304 in response to requests for particular
modules?  And does this work for the non-cached situation (that is,
how did the client get to the place where 304 was the right thing --
by doing multiple requests previously?)?
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu