Implicitly escaped $ (or not) in quasis?

Erik Arvidsson erik.arvidsson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:48:09 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<allen at wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
> So, I propose that we go with alternative 2.  Thoughts?

It makes me sad to not support $foo. Would it be too confusing to only
support a subset of the identifiers in this form? FWIW, Dart does not
allow identifiers with $ in this form, and requires you to use ${
jqueryLikes$Signs } when you need "strange" identifiers.
http://www.dartlang.org/docs/spec/latest/dart-language-specification.html#h.us5hu2wpthk4

On the other hand, CoffeeScript only allows #{ expr } so maybe it is
not so bad after all.

--
erik