Existential operator (was: ||= is much needed?)

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:55:55 PDT 2012

I guess the grep work is not easy to do, but I have tried (manually) to
find ?. or ?( in coffee script projects, trying to seek into projects of
main contributors.

Maybe not lucky or not really aware of the most popular projects, but I
did not find any up to now.

According to my previous posts I am quite convinced it has an interest,
I remain perplex regarding the use of ?( , then, I am really curious to
see CS's uses, could you please highlight some projects ?

Le 21/06/2012 05:54, Jeremy Ashkenas a écrit :
> As requested, running those rough greps again on the top ten most
> popular CoffeeScript repos on Github yields:
>
> 188 uses of object?.property
>
> 32 uses of object?[key]
>
> 50 uses of function?(args)
>
> 46 uses of variable ?= value
>
> ... and the other ones are a bit tricker to grep for. There are at
> least a handful more uses of the `function?(args)` style but with
> implicit parentheses: `function? arg1, arg2` ...

jCore
Email :  avitte at jcore.fr
Web :    www.jcore.fr
Webble : www.webble.it