Rest parameter syntax

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Tue Jun 12 10:14:09 PDT 2012

T.J. Crowder wrote:
> On 12 June 2012 18:00, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org
> <mailto:brendan at mozilla.org>> wrote:
>
>     T.J. Crowder wrote:
>
>         And yet, if not yet implemented in its current form (I have no
>         idea what the extent of implementation is), the complexity
>         increment does not seem large.
>

>     Here you went down the bad path.
>
>     It was not the last cookie I ate that made me fat. Every little
>     "wafer-thin" (cf. MPTMoL) increment hurts. Every single one.
>
>         As Felix points out, the algorithm isn't exactly complicated.
>

>     More bad-path words, ignore the little horned red guy on your
>     shoulder.
>

> This sort of argument can almost _always_ be applied. Again, not
> saying I really endorse the embedded varargs, but I don't think this
> is a persuasive argument against _on its own_.

You are correct!

The context matters. In that context, your argument that "the complexity
increment does not seem large" is also not a persuasive argument *for*
adding that increment, and I call it worse: a sign (in context of rest
as drafted for ES6) that you're going too far.

Red guy still on your shoulder :-P.