Function length

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Mon Jun 11 11:04:41 PDT 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Irakli Gozalishvili wrote:

>> I don't think any library should ever rely on f.length.
>
> That's a wrong  attitude, there always will be legitimate uses of any feature, otherwise such features are just harmful & IMO should  be deprecated / removed.

Let me try again.  We don't understand your use case.  You didn't show us the definition of your dispatch function so we have to guess.  Even so, It is hard to imagine a "legitimate" use with dynamically provided functions, particularly as the length values assigned to the existing built-ins don't follow strict rules. At the very least you need to help us understand why your use case is both reasonable and valid.

Allen