ECMAScript Regrets

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 08:13:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'd like to announce to the list a project I have recently started:
https://github.com/DavidBruant/ECMAScript-regrets

Web technologies cannot be fixed because of backward compatibility
constraints. As an unfortunate consequence ugly things are meant to
stay. This is regrettable, we all know and acknowledge it.
This projects aims at documenting these regrets. It also aims at
documenting recommanded workarounds as well as how ES5/strict
mode/ES.next additions bring new solutions to these problems.
One target audience is newcomers to the language to save them hours of
pain and despair. Another audience is people who'd want to create a
programming language (and especially a language that compiles down to
JavaScript).

Things are still a bit drafty, but it's shaping up slowly.
Regrets can be suggested as github issue [1]. You can also send me an
e-mail directly.

Thanks,

David

[1] https://github.com/DavidBruant/ECMAScript-regrets/issues