fail-fast object destructuring

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:02:40 PDT 2012

> Russell asked about 'length' -- per a previous thread, I thought we agreed
> that one [[Get]] of 'length' would be done before matching if and only if
> the array literal contains a spread (covering rest, the dual for a pattern
> of spread in the array literal corresponding to the pattern).

Yes, I saw this in the proposal algorithm. The reason I ask is because it
seems odd to have an additional structural requirement in some cases but
not others. Of course, I understand why, but it sort of makes it look like
[] implies additional array-like structure in one case, but not in another.

- Russ