System.download [was ...]

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt samth at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Jul 9 16:18:55 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to have the final word on that one.
>
> If the answer is that it is not possible because of the same origine policy,
> then it is not difficult to show that this policy can be broken already, by
> some "manipulations", then it's better to have something clean.

The same-origin policy is not the responsibility of TC39, and more
importantly it's not something that I can speak with the requisite
authority about.  Adding a convenience for fetching data using the
current fetch hooks of loaders is a possibility, but I don't want to
add more conveniences before it's clear they're useful.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu