Static Module Resolution

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 08:09:30 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric at gmail.com>wrote:

>>  Do we have a survey of the use of sync against async ? I think it would
>> show that sync is much more used (wrongly or easy way again, but...).
>

>  I completely disagree with this. Most developers without the
> knowledge/skill to know why sync is bad are just going to use a library
> like jQuery - which uses async. I'm not aware of any major library that
> uses sync as a default for their ajax api or uses sync in their own code.
>
>  - Russ
>

> I am not refering to libraries but to developers/sites that indeed are
> using libraries and then feel (usually wrongly) necessary to extend it with
> unofficial/not good libraries or their own and then add some stuff around
> that usually is sync, as far as I saw debuging node-dom or looking at usual
> web sites

I'm not saying people don't do it, I was saying that the percentage is
likely far smaller than you claim. Perhaps I'm deluding myself. Anyway, I
don't think we should cater to something that is considered bad practice.
As Brendan has said, lets lead the horses away from the rotting vegetables
with better carrots.

- Russ