Static Module Resolution

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 04:30:29 PDT 2012

Le 06/07/2012 03:17, Brendan Eich a écrit :
> Aymeric Vitte wrote:
>> Then the sync xhr is absurd ?
>
> It's a botch that developers avoid , else they jank the user interface.
Yes, as far as you can or as far as you want to avoid unnecessary
complication, for example projet [1] is loading quite a lot of things
using xhr and scripts (which are loading others), the priority was to
load the user interface as fast as possible (offline feature, etc), then
most of the loadings are async but the sync xhr could not be avoided
(easy way sometimes but as far as I remember not using it could lead to
situations that looked unresolvable)
>  We've been over this. Are you seriously defending it?
Do we have a survey of the use of sync against async ? I think it would
show that sync is much more used (wrongly or easy way again, but...).
The possibility to have a sync xhr remains usefull, but I see that I
will be opposed strong arguments (could not find previous discussions
about it).

If not possible, could we have at least a System.download(url,callback),
as simple as just loading the url content and not caring about what is
inside ? So we have an alternative to creating globals or linking to globals

[1] : http://www.blimpme.com/mobile/

--
jCore
Email :  avitte at jcore.fr