"delay" keyword

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Thu Jul 5 12:12:40 PDT 2012

I recall in the past having numerous issues with modal dialogs causing unexpected js execution in most engines at least in some edge cases, showModalDialog probably also manages to do it quite effectively.

Basically anytime the engine needs to pump the event loop without allowing any kind of js execution requires the engine to jump through hoops to prevent even handlers.  I recall alert(...) with a background asynch xhr being able to trigger such things in the past.

--Oliver