Fwd: "delay" keyword

felix felix8a at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:46:57 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:

> Jussi Kalliokoski wrote:
>
>> Ok, here's the relevant blog post I mentioned writing:
>> blog.avd.io/posts/js-green-**threads<http://blog.avd.io/posts/js-green-threads><
>> http://blog.avd.io/posts/js-**green-threads<http://blog.avd.io/posts/js-green-threads>>
>> . You can discuss / give feedback here or on HackerNews:
>> http://news.ycombinator.com/**item?id=4203749<http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4203749>.
>>

> Seems like a bug in Firefox, a violation of HTML5 even. The slow script
> dialog should not allow an event loop to nest. Cc'ing Boris for his opinion
> (this may be a known bug on file, my memory dims with age).

Yes, this is a problem for Caja, and I'm still undecided how to solve it.
 The slow script dialog can fire at any time; in particular, it can fire
when some data structure is in an inconsistent state, and then an event
handler firing at the same time might be able to take advantage of that
inconsistent state.

"It's a bug in Firefox" seems like the most straightforward answer.