Fwd: "delay" keyword

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Thu Jul 5 10:50:44 PDT 2012

Jussi Kalliokoski wrote:
> Ok, here's the relevant blog post I mentioned writing:
> blog.avd.io/posts/js-green-threads
> <http://blog.avd.io/posts/js-green-threads> . You can discuss / give
> feedback here or on HackerNews:
> http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4203749 .

Seems like a bug in Firefox, a violation of HTML5 even. The slow script
dialog should not allow an event loop to nest. Cc'ing Boris for his
opinion (this may be a known bug on file, my memory dims with age).

Chrome doesn't run onmessage when I continue ("Wait") the Kill-or-Wait
sad tab dialog. Safari and Opera (12) seem not to put up a slow script
dialog, but perhaps I was impatient (I wanted a minute or so).

/be