Fwd: "delay" keyword

Patrik Stutz patrik.stutz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:19:40 PDT 2012

Oh I didn't know that Isaac is also unhappy with the whole javascript
module thing. I tought that, since there already so much modules for
node.js it is pointless to ask them to change their module system, so that
node modules also could be used in the browser, so I asked you to give me a
JavaScript feature than allows me to implement node's module system in the
browser.

But since Isaac is also unhappy, it is likely that he indeed would change
the module system of node.js, even if it would mean that all current
modules would be broken.

In fact, I'm happy with anything that will solve the current module hell.
If we get a built-in module system that node.js also will adopt I don't
need my delay keyword anymore.

BUT: interestingly, the import keyword also seems to be synchronous. So, I
think behind the scenes there still would have to be something like a
"delay" function to make it non-blocking. Or am I missing something?