var el1,el2 = [1,2] why not?

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Wed Jul 4 10:17:42 PDT 2012

This doesn't do what you want as assignments in initialisers are optional.  This has the semantic effect of meaning that there is no difference between

var a, b = foo;

and

var a;
var b = foo;

We're working on introducing destructuring assignment so you'll be able to do

var [a, b] = foo;

which is what you want, but we're not quite there yet.

--Oliver