Creation of the `arguments` object

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Wed Jul 4 07:27:08 PDT 2012

On 4 July 2012 16:03, Mathias Bynens <mathias at qiwi.be> wrote:

> http://ecma-international.org/ecma-262/5.1/#sec-10.6 says:
>
> > When control enters an execution context for function code, an arguments
> > object is created unless (as specified in 10.5) the identifier arguments
> > occurs as an Identifier in the function’s FormalParameterList or occurs
> as
> > the Identifier of a VariableDeclaration or FunctionDeclaration contained
> in
> > the function code.

The text is wrong. The order of steps in the normative part of the spec
(Section 10.5, esp. step 6) makes clear that variable declarations are not
taken into account (but parameters and function declarations are).

I suggest filing a bug, if there isn't one already:
https://bugs.ecmascript.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=ECMA-262

/Andreas