Static Module Resolution

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Mon Jul 2 22:15:38 PDT 2012

On Jul 2, 2012, at 7:19 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Dave, is it possible to create an effectively synchronous loader using the Loader API?

Yes, I would certainly want to allow this. I also figure there's nothing wrong with a host environment choosing to add additional synchronous API's to the System loader, like System.require().

IOW, the point isn't to disallow synchronous I/O from JS, but to make the standardized API asynchronous and admit the possibility of non-standard synchronous extensions.

Dave