Some Quasi specification issues

Erik Arvidsson erik.arvidsson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 13:53:14 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<allen at wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
> 1) I think that the default substitutions for untagged quasi should be
> cooked, not raw.

Yes. I think this is a bug in the wiki proposal. Both Mike's
implementation and Traceur's uses the cooked string for the default
quasi.
http://bit.ly/M260kh

> 2) LineContinuations should be removed for cooked quasi literal text.

Yes. Same here.
http://bit.ly/MpJXr4

> 3)  The raw tag should be a property of String.

Yes. The proposal only allows an identifier before the opening back
tick but I'm sure you are taking care of that.

> 4) Should we also have a mostly raw tag that treats everything as raw except
> for explicit line continuation?

I don't care.

> 5)  Simplify the "call site object" to be an array

I like it.

--
erik