Static Module Resolution

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 13:16:07 PDT 2012

Sorry, I keep forgetting to be explicit about limiting my (possibly
abstruse) remarks to the node case.

I'm interested in figuring out whether it's possible for a legacy node
module to "require" an ES6 module.  If so, it would make it easier to
gradually upgrade to ES6 modules.

In order for that to work, we'd need to create a custom ES6 loader that is
"effectively" synchronous, as illustrated in that code example.

Another way to put the question:  is it possible to create a loader that
performs all phases of loading (resolving, fetching, compiling, importing,
execution) before returning from "load()"?

- Kevin