Static Module Resolution

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 18:34:03 PDT 2012

> Not in the browser. Again, for like the umpteenth time, without a
> pre-processor, require is not equivalent to import. You have to put the
> continuation in a callback passed to require.

I was just joking that if a legacy script needed to be distinguished on the
import side, then we might just as well use Node's current "require" for
the purpose.  I wasn't trying to say anything about browsers in that
statement.

It's no use pretending we have some great module story on the web browser
> side, with which to preserve "interop". We don't have any such story.

Fair enough.

- Kevin