Any plan for a Zlib API ?

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 14:05:34 PST 2012

Thanks Brendan, I have also noticed node.js 0.6+ implemented a Zlib native
module http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.6.0/api/zlib.html

Pipe oriented objects a part, the concept of having callbacks to eventually
put the task in the background is not that bad too

I still think convenience Methods
http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.6.0/api/zlib.html#convenience_Methods

are not truly the best option for a cross platform ES API ( i.e. no way to
configure them if not via create() ) but it should not be hard to define an
object option for the encode procedure ... something to think about but at
least an effort to bring it in would be more than appreciated, thanks.

br