Any plan for a Zlib API ?

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:18:41 PST 2012

any sort of real time sharing editing/documentation document even to go (3G)

plus I want to shrink those bloody 50Mb of Web SQL or 5Mb of localStorage
limit ... 5Mb ain't nothing for data, we all know that, neither are 50,
while native apps, talking about mobile, get as much as they want with a
simple notice: this app gonna use your memory/sd/disk space

Still talking about mobile, these libraries are a complete no-go for CPU
cost

Finally, if I have a gzipped file I want to work on it and keep it small
I'd like to choose it via an input, decode it, work on it, and create the
download with data:text/gzip to save it back

There are attempts since ages about compressing strings in plain
JavaScript, I don't see why this is not in yet 'cause I don't see any
reason to do not make it happen, only limits for slower CPUs and developers
solutions/imagination

I hope I answered your question

br