Let's kill terms "native" and "host"

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Mon Jan 30 11:44:10 PST 2012

Andreas Rossberg wrote:
> On 30 January 2012 20:17, Oliver Hunt<oliver at apple.com>  wrote:
>> >   From the PoV of JSC I suspect our biggest problem will actually be our API, which essentially allows developers to override an arbitrary collection of [[SomeInternalMethod]] methods, potentially inconsistently (a sad fact of our api is that you can override [[HasProperty]] and [[GetProperty]] independently, and have them be inconsistent:(
>
> Well, it's not like the language's own object API (a.k.a. proxies) is
> any better in that respect...;)

It's still a win to have fewer such mouths to feed, and in particular,
only one such mouth in the spec. I hope you're just reminding that
proxies can be abused to violate invariants that we cannot enforce
(efficiently or at all), not putting proxies into the same low class as
JSC's (or SpiderMonkey's, or any other engine's) old/over-broad
embedding API.