__proto__ security

Gavin Barraclough barraclough at apple.com
Sun Jan 29 00:40:38 PST 2012

On Jan 28, 2012, at 3:58 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> Since most implementations already seem to have special mechanism for giving "magic" behavior to certain properties I would expect them to use some of those mechanisms here.

No - in JSC I'm pretty sure it's going to be faster and cleaner to implement this as a regular accessor property.

Now, it would certainly be possible to add a mechanism to allow this accessor to masquerade itself as a data property, but it just seems too magical and unnecessarily weird to do so.  It behaves like an accessor, so it should look like one.

cheers,
G.