Read access to [[Class]]?

John-David Dalton john.david.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:02:15 PST 2012

@MarkM

>> A host object is an "object supplied by the host environment to
>> complete the execution environment of ECMAScript."
>>

> Sigh. This came up last time as well, and as participants in the spec
> writing process our only excuse was "That text isn't normative". That
> doesn't really excuse it from being so wrong that it leads people into
> endless confusion. If ES6 does keep the current terminology, we must at
> least fix or remove this confusing text.

JavaScript was my first language so I don't have the pollution of
Java-isms to confuse me.
I can only go by what's spec'ed as I lack the inside info ;)

Native object: http://es5.github.com/#x4.3.6
Built-in object: http://es5.github.com/#x4.3.7
Host object: http://es5.github.com/#x4.3.8

I should stress that the technical category of the object is less
important to me.
I really just wanted to +1 allowing objects like `window.opera` to
continue to have `{}.toString.call(...)` results like `[object Opera]`
under ES6.

- JDD