Two kinds of []

Herby Vojčík herby at mailbox.sk
Fri Jan 27 04:59:37 PST 2012

Tom Van Cutsem wrote:
> 2012/1/23 Herby Vojčík <herby at mailbox.sk <mailto:herby at mailbox.sk>>
>
>     But it gets harder with getters and setters... maybe if there was an
>     API for simulating proper legacy foo[bar] and foo[bar]=baz,
>     (Object.get, Object.set?) generic [] could be dropped without much
>     of a loss.
>

> We'll have Reflect.get and Reflect.set, see
> <http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:reflect_api>.
> (these are the methods referred to as Object.getProperty and
> Object.setProperty that Allen referred to on the object model
> reformation wiki page)

Beautiful. Something like that I had in mind.

Another question comes to mind: here and there some light proposals
towards mirror (a la Self, more-or-less) system appear. Would it not be
confusing and/or clashing if Reflect will be along with something like
that? If some mirror API appears or is planned, should it not be
coordinated with Reflect?

> Cheers,
> Tom

Herby