Two kinds of [] (was: Re: shortcuts for defining block-local private names, plays nicely with @foo syntax)

Axel Rauschmayer axel at
Fri Jan 27 04:34:43 PST 2012

Off-topic: What is the recommended style for naming modules? Capitalized and camel-cased? It’s nothing I couldn’t get used to, but it seems like the naming precedent would be JavaScript packages. Or is Reflect capitalized, because it is a built-in module?

I love how this module is a new home for many Object.* methods. Also looking forward to @math etc.:

On Jan 27, 2012, at 13:26 , Tom Van Cutsem wrote:

> 2012/1/23 Herby Vojčík <herby at>
> But it gets harder with getters and setters... maybe if there was an API for simulating proper legacy foo[bar] and foo[bar]=baz, (Object.get, Object.set?) generic [] could be dropped without much of a loss.
> We'll have Reflect.get and Reflect.set, see <>.
> (these are the methods referred to as Object.getProperty and Object.setProperty that Allen referred to on the object model reformation wiki page)
> Cheers,
> Tom

Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at