Questions on Map and Set based on SpiderMonkey implementation

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt samth at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Jan 23 05:53:03 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Andreas Rossberg <rossberg at google.com> wrote:
> On 22 January 2012 18:52, David Bruant <bruant.d at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> SpiderMonkey implementation landed today. I was looking over the commit
>> [1] and had a question.
>> There is a test:
>>
>> assertEq(Object.prototype.toString.call(new Map), "[object Map]");
>
> FWIW, V8 behaves the same. It's not in the spec yet, but it's the
> behaviour you would interpolate.

As was mentioned in another thread, we agreed at the F2F that we
should be writing tests for test262 for features like Maps and Sets
that are implemented, even before they're described in the spec.
Unfortunately, I think only companies that have executed the
contribution agreement for test262 can contribute, but this seems like
a good place to start.  :)
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu