Shouldn't timers be specified?

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 03:02:03 PST 2012

process.nextTick already landed in browsers, as concept, it's called
setImmediate

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh673556(v=vs.85).aspx#setimmediate

About Rhino, that implementation is not the equivalent of what we have in
browsers, where the most useful thing ever is rarely used out there even if
completely cross browsers but IE where de-facto standard is shim amble
without problems.

I am talking about extra arguments any setInterval/Timeout accept, i.e.

setTimeout(callback, 1, some, thing);

where callback is

function callback(some, thing) { ... }

and arguments will be sent when the timeout is burned.

Here fully node.js compatible Rhino timers I have used in wru:
https://github.com/WebReflection/wru/blob/master/src/rhinoTimers.js

Said that, the fact node.js and browsers are sometimes way too much
misaligned is something I have blogged about already and in this case
node.js does not even return an Int32 as any browsers does, it returns an
object, still unique, but not an Number.

It would be nice to have these methods well defined across all platforms

br