Shouldn't timers be specified?

Brandon Benvie brandon at brandonbenvie.com
Sat Jan 21 21:19:01 PST 2012

Absolutely agree. I don't see a place for Node's 1ms resolution in
browsers, which was the impetus for raising the issue. I see a place for
Node (and other non-browser platforms) to implement their own host timers
that provide higher resolution (In fact Node's process.nextTick(callback)
is a good example of host functionality that's useful but wouldn't belong
in a JS spec). But the point is that the lack of specification has already
resulted in incompatible implementations of ostensibly the same basically
required core language functionality.