Block lambda is cool, its syntax isn't

Jorge jorge at jorgechamorro.com
Sat Jan 21 12:14:05 PST 2012

On 21/01/2012, at 05:31, Brendan Eich wrote:
>> Jorge <mailto:jorge at jorgechamorro.com>
>> January 20, 2012 7:15 PM
>>
>> Sorry, I don't follow, with "that" you mean "something else" or "the acute accent" ?
>
> Oh, not ' but the diacritical on é, you mean?

Yes, the acute accent. For example. Or something else. You can choose almost any character you want.

> How do I type that on a US or UK keyboard?

I don't know, my keyboard is spanish. Here it's next to the P.

> We are not going to use non-ASCII characters, so you are still barking up the wrong tree.

Aren't you discussing the possibility of using ƒ or λ for functions in this same thread ?

Well, the florín is not an ASCII character either.
--
Jorge.