Multi-line quasi literals

Mike Samuel mikesamuel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:47:10 PST 2012

2012/1/20 Luke Hoban <lukeh at microsoft.com>:
> My feeling is that:
> a) Multi-line string literals are important and should be supported in quasis.
> b) Trailing whitespace should be allowed and preserved.   It is a useful for quasis to be "as literal as possible".
>
> This came up in side conversation at the TC39 meeting today - wanted to send mail to see if the open issue can be resolved.

+1.

Some IDEs provide mechanisms that automatically strip whitespace on
save, but I think those will have to change for ES.next anyway.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t144789-eclipse-stripping-whitespace-at-eol.html

"""
For javascript got to 'save actions' select "Perform the selected
actions on save"
Check "Additional Actions" and click on configure.
choose the "code organizing" tab

Check "Remove trailing whitespace"

This will remove trailing white space from all lines every time you
save. You can optionally ignore empty lines.
"""