Jan 18 meeting notes

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 19 15:57:06 PST 2012

> David Bruant <mailto:bruant.d at gmail.com>
> January 19, 2012 1:43 AM
>
> Every time I've been thinking of an issue like this, the solution I've
> found was "whoever runs first wins".

This is not relevant to the example I showed. We have a de-facto
standard with SpiderMonkey that protects an object from having its
[[Prototype]] changed once it has cut itself off from Object.prototype.
Reflecting __proto__ as an accessor breaks this guarantee.

Does this matter? Clearly, it does cross-frame in the web embedding, and
perhaps there is a narrower solution for that case. But we should
consider carefully the full impact.