Block lambda is cool, its syntax isn't

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Thu Jan 19 09:51:21 PST 2012

On 19 January 2012 18:31, Axel Rauschmayer <axel at rauschma.de> wrote:
> Rationale: wouldn’t freezing by default be OK for 98% of the cases?

Especially since the cases where you care most about short syntax are
throw-away functions.

The only sane reason I have seen for mutating a function is to set its
prototype property. But who wants to write constructors as short
lambdas?  Another use case is modelling C-style static variables as
properties, but you cannot do that with an anonymous function anyway
(I also don't regard it as particularly sane, but who am I to judge).

Are there other relevant use cases?

/Andreas