Block lambda is cool, its syntax isn't

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 19 09:25:47 PST 2012

> Axel Rauschmayer <mailto:axel at rauschma.de>
> January 19, 2012 12:06 AM
>

> Couldn’t one always freeze such a function shorthand and then get
> syntax such as:
>
>      #(x, y) { x + y }

I'm not sure what you mean. I proposed this a while ago ("Harmony of My
Dreams") but we don't want frozen by design, and without the # the
result is ambiguous without restricted productions, and hazardous on
that account.

The idea that any grawlixy preifx will do is false. Hash is wanted for
consistent freeze/seal prefixing. Arrow is better and putting it at the
front solves the grammar problems with arrow function syntax as current
drafted.