Globalisation feedback

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Wed Jan 18 22:16:51 PST 2012

Unfortunately I'm not feeling well so I doubt I'll make tomorrows meeting.

Here's some feedback on the globalisation API, from people who are more knowledgeable in these matters than I (although not JS experts :D ).

* Near the bottom of page 31 [labeled page 25], there is a small typo:  "[[ocaleData]]"

* It seems to be bailing on requiring time zone support, other than for UTC.  So, no formatting of dates into local times?  (except a provided by implementation-specific extensions to this standard, perhaps)

There was some other stuff but it may have been due to confusion over whether UTS v35 or v36 was intended (I assume this means more to others than to me).  Once I've got it clarified I'll pass it on.

--Oliver