String.prototype.[de]normalize and .isCharXxx are needed

Herby Vojčík herby at mailbox.sk
Wed Jan 18 02:45:22 PST 2012

Norbert Lindenberg wrote:
> In order to get version 1 of the Globalization API done and into the
> hands of users, we're no longer considering new functionality for
> this version. On the other hand, string comparison (collation) is
> already included in this version, and the sensitivity option lets you
> choose whether it should be sensitive to minor differences such as
> accents. See
> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=globalization:specification_drafts
> http://norbertlindenberg.com/2011/11/ecmascript-globalization-api/index.html

It was just one simple use-case. I want to do other things for which
splitting accents and base character and their differentiation is needed
(as for their differentiation, it should not be a big deal, but
normalization/denormalization is critical).

> Norbert

Herby

>>> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=proposals:extend_regexps#extending_regexps_for_unicode_ranges