Better Native XML Support

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:05:18 PST 2012

If you desperately need it, you should be able to make a library for it,
and then if you need the extra syntax, add an extra compile step - like
what coffeescript does. After all, e4x is just an extension to JS, it
should be possible to add the data types natively and then make any e4x
code work as syntactic sugar, which you can desugar yourself.

I'm not saying its an insignificant effort, but it seems fairly
straightforward. The standardized grammar for it is defined as an extension
to Ecmascript after all.

- Russ