It's been a long time coming...

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 16 14:29:00 PST 2012

...but test262 finally stands<https://bugs.ecmascript.org/buglist.cgi?product=Test262&component=Tests&resolution=---&list_id=777> at zero (known) invalid test cases as of an hour ago!  Changes<http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=test262:test_case_format> contributed by Mark Miller last year supported re-enabling dozens of tests dependent upon 'this' being the global object.  Also, quite a bit of time has been spent recently addressing valid test case issues.  The end result of this effort is we now have 73 more tests running and 21 bugs have been resolved since the last update in November.

As always, I encourage everyone to run the updated test suite against your favorite web browser to help identify any new issues with the tests, harness, or website.  These can be reported at http://bugs.ecmascript.org.  Again, thanks for everyone's help in making test262 great!

My best,

Dave