Re: ES6 “modes” and user-friendliness

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Tue Jan 17 07:08:27 PST 2012

Most of the extended code early errors I list in a previous message on this thread are examples of changes that are not backward compatable with Es5 strict code that Axel is talking about belowAxel Rauschmayer <axel at rauschma.de> wrote:Ss1. module => ES6 – some changes break with ES5.strict

"some changes break with ES5.strict" is confusing -- do you mean 'let' works instead of being a future reserved word, whereas in (3, below) 'let' is not reserved at all?

I’m not sure about specifics, I mean “ES6 things that are not backward-compatible with with ES5.strict” (if those exist, but it seems like they do).

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de
twitter.com/rauschma