String.prototype.[de]normalize and .isCharXxx are needed

Norbert Lindenberg ecmascript at norbertlindenberg.com
Mon Jan 16 18:15:54 PST 2012

Nothing planned at this point. Unicode normalization would be a natural candidate for the Globalization API, but it's not in scope for version 1. Support for Unicode character properties probably should be part of regular expressions, as it is in Perl, PHP, Java, and other platforms; there was a proposal for ES4 [1], but it hasn't been taken up for ES5 or Harmony.

[1] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=proposals:extend_regexps#extending_regexps_for_unicode_ranges

Norbert