Block Lambdas: break and continue

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Mon Jan 16 14:39:35 PST 2012

On Jan 15, 2012, at 11:32 PM, Axel Rauschmayer wrote:

> Could we call block lambdas just lambdas? The former seems a bit pleonastic.

Block lambdas is a proposal that combines block-based syntax with lambda-based semantics. There have been other proposals in the past which provide lambda semantics (i.e., TCP-respecting function literals) with different syntax. The syntax is a central part of the proposal, since it involves the completion value and the paren-free form. So I think the name is reasonable.

My $.02.

Dave