A different semantics for WeakMap#get default value

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Mon Jan 16 14:25:10 PST 2012

I’m not sure how much this is needed for WeakMaps in particular, but when you nest data structures then it’s handy to automatically create an entry if it is missing. I’ve seen  collection frameworks where maps have an optional constructor argument: a function that auto-creates an entry if it is missing.

But we are entering complex API territory and those decisions might best be delegated to whoever creates a collections library for JavaScript.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de