Block Lambdas: break and continue

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Mon Jan 16 11:56:10 PST 2012

> Allen Wirfs-Brock <mailto:allen at wirfs-brock.com>
> January 16, 2012 9:53 AM
>
> On Jan 15, 2012, at 11:16 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:
>> I'm not slamming the door, but I do not want to lumber block-lambdas
>> with more complexity if the hard case is as rare as I contend. Anyway
>> "neat" is not enough. We need an unambiguous prefix syntax.
>
> I agree, this is exactly where I was until Grant's idea came along and
> seemed worth exploring.

Just to be extremely clear (since I've failed at that, apparenty), I
missed the desugaring Grant showed for too long. I agree it's worth
exploring, which means exploring alternative syntax ideas to "for ".

So, kudos to Grant (and Axel, who IINM proposed "for " earlier and
intended the exception-free desugared semantics).